The George Lloyd Society
The Society was formed with the following aims:
- To administer the George Lloyd Music Library, and make available his scores and orchestral parts for sale, for hire and for study.
- To typeset new editions of a selection of George Lloyd’s Full Scores.
- Maintain the archive of George Lloyd’s music, including his original manuscripts, publishing masters, annotated composer’s copies, correspondence, photographs, press and other biographical material, and to make this material available to biographers.
- To complete the recording of all Lloyd’s musical works. As at January 2012, Albany Records (UK), Albany Records (US) and the George Lloyd Society have issued 23 CDs, and only a handful of shorter orchestral works, a few songs, and one opera remain to be recorded.
- To promote knowledge of the music of George Lloyd by arranging performances and broadcasts both in the UK and overseas, and by maintaining a diary and newsletter for the benefit of members.
The benefits of subscribing to the Society include:
- Members' Forum and Message Board
- Newsletter for performances and broadcasts.
- Access to the Music Library and biographical archive.
- Discounts on Albany Records CDs
- Discounts on sale or hire of scores and parts.
The Society has been formed with the support of Albany Records, who are offering to Members a free copy of the CD Indomitable Spirit, a retrospective compilation featuring highlights from some of Lloyd's lesser known works. The 'one-off' subscription is £10.00, which includes the free CD.
CENTENARY CONCERTS: Please check the Centenary Concerts menu, the Events Calendar and the Newsletters for information regarding venues and times of the 2013 Centenary Concerts. We are pleased to announce the formation of a Cornwall Coordinating Group for 2013 Centenary Concerts. All enquiries concerning events in Cornwall will be forwarded to that group where appropriate.
Join the Society, please click the relevant link (left hand side menu)
Note: Background image is the original design for stage production of Iernin, Lyceum Theatre, 1933. (Not visible on some browsers.)
Play Audio: Tranquillo from Symphony No 12. Albany Symphony Orchestra